Last February 14th we received the visit of our Project Advisor of EASME – Executive Agency of the European Commission for Small and Medium Enterprises – and the external monitor of the project from the NEEMO Agency.
During the visit, the progress of the project was reviewed and the technical part was discussed in detail, reviewing the project’s actions, its implementation status and the planning for 2019. During the presentation made by the partners, the main results obtained so far were communicated:
– Management of 314 Ha of vineyard from DO Bullas
– Treatment of 597.6 tons of shoots, avoiding their burning
– Production of approximately 22,000 Kg of organic substrate
– 98% reduction of CO2 emissions
– Application of the substrate obtained in vineyard plots and urban gardens
Throughout the day, we visited the vineyard plots of the D.O. Bullas participating in the project and the composting site at the cooperative Nuestra Señora del Rosario. There was also the opportunity to visit the urban gardens of Bullas Municipality where the LIFE SARMIENTO compost was applied.
The end of the day was dedicated to the review of the financial aspects of the project and the elaboration of the conclusions of the visit by EASME and NEEMO.